MINUTES OF ON LINE MIDLAND AREA AGM 3.11.2018
(1) A reminder agenda and area report was circulated to area club Chairman, Club Secretaries and Club delegates on 12th November, 2018.
(2) On 21st November a letter was circulated to Midland Area existing Committee Members to ascertain, unless otherwise decided, whether they
would be in a position to serve on the committee for another year.
(3) Achievement Scheme: A report attached to these minutes has been received from Steve Mason, our ASC confirming a list
of 9 chief examiners for ratification. List examined and approved.
(4) As at 30th November 2018 no comments have been received from Area Clubs containing comments or proposals for discussion at AGM
Should any points be raised in the future, they will be considered by Committee as appropriate.
(5) Accordingly, by mutual discussion and agreement between existing Committee Members it was unanimously decided that the new committee
should be composed as follows:
Chair..... Neil Byrne
Vice Chair..... John Day
Secretary.... Alf Tunnicliffe
Treasurer..... Alf Tunnicliffe
PRO... Marian Ainsworth
Education Co-ordinator...... Colin Bernard
ASC ....... Steve Mason
Midland Area Delegate..... Steve Mason
Website............. Chris Anderson
Area Auditor retained as Mrs R Machin.
(6) All members offering to serve are thanked for their past and future efforts as we
welcome a new member (Colin Bernard) to our committee and
thanks Neil, John and Marion for taking up new positions for this coming year.
(7) Things to do for 2019.........
(a) A date of Sunday, 14th July 2019 has been booked for our PRE-AGM MEETING AND AREA FLY-IN AT BUCKMINSTER. Event details to follow
(b) Following the dire situation with regard to our accident record with our insurers and its potential effect on our premiums we are looking to organise a FLIGHT SAFETY SEMINAR highlighting the need for clubs to take on a more responsible attitude to field and flight safety. Details of date and venue to follow
(c) We will , as a matter of course, continue with our area policy of supporting clubs arranging public displays where the emphasis is on the existence and work of the BMFA. Each case sorted on merit. (d) Our Area Committee members are always available to pass on the benefit of our local expertise to clubs in need.
If we don't know immediately...we will find out....
Initially contact Area Sec on 01790 755552 or email@example.com.
MIDLAND AREA ACHIEVEMENT SCHEME REPORT 2018
ASC Steve Mason
Our chief examiners have been out and about testing around the area, some more than others.
I and John Bridgett took time from our busy schedules to attend an Examiners Workshop at Buckminster earlier in the
year which was useful to talk to some other examiners. I would encourage all club examiners and ACE's to attend them
when they become available.
We had a retirement this year, Pete Derbyshire is stepping down as ACE and we thank him for his services over the years.
So, with that retirement we are short of ACE's and are in need of volunteers to be put forward as an ACE in all disciplines.
We really need coverage in Helicopter and Silent Flight.
If you have an examiner in your club that meets the requirements then why not approach them to apply.
It can be a very rewarding job as you have the chance to meet people from other clubs and to keep up standards.
ACE's for re-ratification this year are as follows:
R.J.BINLEY EXAMINER NO 0471
- BRIDGETT .. NO 1879
A.J.CLARKE .. NO 1155
P.F.DARE .. NO 0529
R.W.EATON .. NO 0762
S.P.MASON .. NO 1374
TL.MOORE .. NO 2256
B.L.YOUNG .. NO 0441
N.TAYLOR .. NO 993
CONTACT STEVE MASON
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(8) No other business;
Date for next on line 2019 AGM to be agreed at a later date.
Area Secretary: Alf Tunnicliffe No. S 089853