What model should I buy ? This is the easiest and cheapest question to the answer initially - NOTHING .
1. Best thing to do is first download the BMFA Flying start which will give you a clear insight as to how to get started and what to expect when you arrive at the flying site.
2. Contact us and arrange a visit, you will see many different types of aircraft and power unit.
3. Take up our offer of a trial flight using our clubs equipment; you only need to bring yourself
4. After the trial flight talk to your instructor you will be in a much better position to know what to buy and where to buy from and purchase the right equipment and model.,
5. Decide if our club and sport is for you and do think RMFC is suitable, we have a 3 month invitation membership costing £20 which gives you a low cost period before committing to full membership
6. Join the BMFA who provide insurance in the event of any mishaps
7. What make of transmitter should I buy as this is very important
Mode 1 (Throttle right ) or Mode 2 (Throttle left ) Retford more of our trainers teach via Mode 1
8. RMFC club instructors will help you through every stage of learning to fly
9. When you are ready for the BMFA " A" Achievment test we have examiners in the club
10.Please contact us if we can help