The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on the 25th May 2018.
We are obliged by this new regulation to:
- Let you know what information we hold
- Let you know what we do with that information
- Advise you how to request to review or erase that information
When you join the Retford, you complete a membership form. We transpose that information (along with any changes subsequently notified to us) to a computer database system. The information we hold about you is visible on the members’ portal when you sign in on the Retford website. We could not operate without maintaining this information as the only viable method of communication that we have is by email. By providing us with your email address you agree to us contacting you by email. If you so not wish to receive emails, please let us know and we will erase your email address from the records.
In summary, the information we hold is:
- Your Name and Address
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- BMFA Number and FW Certification
- Date of Birth if under 18 (Junior member)
Separately, we also maintain a record of the method that subscriptions are paid, e.g. Cheque, bank funds transfer or cash. This information is also held on Bank Statements , and RMFC accounts. This information is kept for 5 years for audit purposes.
We maintain an electronic backup and also a paper copy (your original membership form).
Paper records are destroyed by shredding 2 years after membership has lapsed.
Electronic records are erased 13 months after membership has lapsed or 3 months after a member has deceased.
The information is primarily used:
- To check whether you are a current or a lapsed member
- To provide us with a means of contacting you – primarily for notification of events but also general information, newsletters and membership renewal reminders.
- We do not provide a general marketing service
- We do not hold any sensitive personal data
- We will not disclose any information to a 3rd
If you would like a written record of the information that we hold, this can be requested by email or using the website contact us
You can request that any or part of the information that we hold is deleted, however this may impact on our ability to keep you notified and would therefore affect the way that the Club operates.
Secretary Retford Model Flying Club